Today’s Word is Gratitude – Thursday June 18th

Good morning everyone. I had intended to write a bit in here yesterday blog style. Dad said when I was ready he would show me what I needed to do. I’m thinking that time is about here. I usually try to have a buzz word for the day, though more often then not the word sticks around untill my need for It is finished. Today’s word is gratitude. My children and I are hermits for lack of a better discribtion. We keep the noise down, throw no parties, and though I can only speak for myself, I try to keep to practing a random act of kindness. This can be very challengingwhen trying to not get caught. I mention this today because I am caught up in the back toes by 2 amazingly kind and generous neighbors. They have always been great, watching the house while the fam is on vacation or otherwise engaged and generous with their time and broad knowdledge of various things. The gentleman. always stated to not hesitate to call if I needed anything at all. Friday night I had to breakdown and ask for a ride to the pharmacy to grab overdue scripts. We had a very nice discussion and learned quite a bit of the other. As I said, we are pretty quiet. This incident has left me wondering about gratitude and how many opportunities we miss because pride is leading us down the wrong path. Our neighbor and his lady wife have decided that given our schedules for Dr. Apps and work, that they would like to bring us a light meal twice a week. There is a part of me that is silently horrified that in a short period of time I have gone from being fiercely independat to learning… again that needing or asking for help doesn’t diminish the quality of person we are but that the opposite is the norm and in and through humility can the vast scope of love, family, friendship and generosity of spirit be ours to share . Thanks everyone. For sharing this journey with me, your positive words of encouragement and faith. For sharing a quiet minute just holding my hand and keeping me grounded literally or metaphorically. I have been afraid to do this alone and afraid to ask for help. Afraid of leaning to too hard and causing damage that is not easily fixed. But day after day, you are all here for me, and for each other and that word gratitude lifts its head and once again reminds me of the impossible strength and enduring beauty of our human spirit. I love you

Comments

1. Nancy Robinson says

Wow, Kristen…that is just beautiful and it really makes me think about things a person passes by day by day. Thanks for sharing those beautiful thoughts.
    Love you.
    Nancy

2. Wayne says

Kristen… that was just beautiful…. I want to meet your neighbors and thank them personally. Love You, Dad

3. Monica says

What a great way to put that. Asking for help is finding strength. May they be blessed by reaching out to you. As much as you were blessed by reaching out to them.

4. Aunt Debbie says

You are an amazing writer! I loved reading this, and I love that you are finding opportunities to experiencing the joy in both giving and receiving kindness. You’re a beautiful person, Kris.

5. Diana says

What kind things to say. This is one half of your neighbor duo. I am happy to be sharing, and happy to be here to do so as that is what friends did for us when I had cancer. You also have our prayers.

• says

I know this web page gives quality dependent articles or reviews
      and additional material, is there any other web
      site which provides these kinds of data in quality?

6. says

Great site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to a few buddies ans also sharing
    in delicious. And certainly, thank you to your effort!

7. says

An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker who had been conducting a little research on this.
    And he actually bought me dinner because I found itt for him…
    lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending time to discuss this subject here on your internet site.

8. says

Hello this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG
    editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get guidance from
    someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

9. says

I’m not that much of a internet reader to be
    honest but your blogs really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later.
    All the best