Well, unfortunately, Kristen is back in the hospital. She has a very large clot going from her picc line to the jugular vein in her neck. She shouldn’t be clotting like this anymore, so the concern is this particular blood thinner is not working either.
Her oncologist came in last night to talk to us about the situation. He is calling some people in Rochester at the main Mayo clinic to see if they have some thoughts about it and is also sending in a guy who specializes in clots to see if some type of clot busting therapy may be an option. Right now, we have no idea what that would entail, or if she would even be a candidate, but we are hoping he shows up soon so we can get some answers.
Kris and I had a fun evening in spite of the problems. I ordered us a pizza, we split a Margarita (shhhhhhhh!) and did quite a bit of laughing and talking. It was good for both of us I think.
So at this point, we wait. I will certainly update as we learn more.